Friday, September 23, 2011

I have so much on my mind right now. Two weeks ago at this time I was getting ready to head into work. I did work, then as I was leaving work I got the dreaded phone call. I remember so clearly hearing my father tell me what had happened to my sister, and him saying, "It doesn't look good." I didn't need to hear my dad say those words, as a nurse, I new from what he had told me that it was bad. My heart sank and I fell to the floor sobbing. The next several days are a blur; I don't remember too many details of what happened and now every minute seems to linger, with a hollow empty feeling. I miss my sister Jane so much...she was my sister and my dear friend. I think of my niece and nephew...still so young and wonder how are they ever gonna know or fully understand how much she did for them; how much she loved them; how much she sacrificed for them as a single parent.

I was raised to believe in God and to trust in him always, but right now I am struggling. I usually do my best to not complain nor do I usually question the plans that a loving Heavenly Father has in store for me, but this seems too overwhelming right now.

After Brad and I broke up he told me one night that me getting sick was "Karma coming back to me." Those words stung like salt in a fresh wound and for a long, long time I believed him. I thought I must be an awful person and surely I must have done something wrong to deserve losing everything that mattered to me...my grad school, my love, a baby, everything. Then one day I woke up and realized I didn't do anything to deserve that, but now with the passing of my sister I find myself questioning again. Maybe Brad was right. Maybe I am this awful person who deserves all of this. I really don't know at this point.

I don't know why I have to go through all this. It makes no logical sense to me and for the first time in a long time I am feeling sorry for myself and that makes me feel even worse. I have worked the past three nights and I look at everyone around me whose lives seem pretty care free and wonder why am I having to endure so much...at my age, haven't I been through enough?

This all makes me feel week. I should be stronger. I should be able to shrug it off and have faith that God knows best. Afterall, who am I to question His designs, but I am questioning. As all around me try to remind me that I am strong, I remind them that I am human...and not that strong.

I know there are many who suffer much more than I have and I know that I have an awful lot to be grateful for...but it is hard to accept. I feel so alone and feel like it is never gonna be alright for me...when is everything gonna be okay????

I don't mean to be so negative, but it's just how I'm feeling right now...maybe I'm just lacking faith...

1 comment:

  1. Katy,

    I am very sorry that you have to go through such heartache after all you have been through. We both know that when life gets good, something bad seems to happen. We need to focus on what is here, good and makes us happy. You lived, you are alive, you can tell other women about heart issues and maybe even save them. If you had the heart attack then went into a downward slump of depression, women wouldn't know the real Katy and how strong she really is. It's the #1 killer and you beat it!

    I had to come to realize after my heart attack how life works and it's NOT FAIR. We've been trying to have a baby and 1 thing would always stand in our way. I was in the doorway of getting pregnant when I had my heart attack, then WHAM, no pregnancy, heart condition, found out I have sleep apnea and a possible clotting disorder. This, at the ripe age of 29!

    Life sucks but we learn to overcome it and know everything happens for a reason. Weather you like it or not. Losing your sister is something no one should ever have to know. For some reason, God needed her back. Her kids will know her and love her because of you and your family. It sucks when we loose anyone, weather it's from a break up, a death to soon or a death that was coming. Either way, no matter how big or small the foot, they will always leave a footprint on your heart.

    Brad - he's just a loser. Plain and simple. He had to make you feel just as bad as he did to complete himself. You are worth living and when he speaks of karma, wow, it'll come back to him.

    You are a beautiful person inside and out, don't let anyone tell you differently! You help people feel good when they are in that dreaded bed with nothing to do. We've been there. The one nurse who really helped me was Angie. She came to me when I was crying in my room looking out my window to see the first snow of the year. She said you've been given a 3rd chance at life. I had a PE before my MI. She said so someone or something needs you here. Go out and make yourself known why. I hope this helps you in some way sweetie. Just look ahead and know that you are loved and someone will find you when you least expect it!

    ReplyDelete